There is no such thing as being “bad at yoga”! All are welcome at all levels. If you are new, and would like some additional attention, or a slower paced class to learn the basics, we have many options to safely assist you in beginning a yoga practice. We offer Gentle Flow classes, great for beginners. Our Heated Vinyasa classes are for all levels and we always recommend modifications and variations so that all can enjoy class.
How to prepare for your first (heated or non-heated) yoga class...
We recommend wearing clothing that you are comfortable in, that easily allows for movement; for our heated studio especially, it's best to wear light, breathable clothing, and anything that is moisture-wicking as the room is heated (and you will sweat!).
Try to avoid eating a heavy meal 2 hours before the practice, and come to class on a (semi) empty stomach. Drink plenty of water prior to class, and be sure to bring a water bottle to class as well (water bottles available for purchase at the studio).
What to Bring
If you are newer to yoga and do not own your own mat, no worries! We have mats available to rent at the studio, as well as plenty of yoga props to assist you in your practice. Our studio is also equipped with changing rooms, bathrooms and cubbies. We sell water as well.
• Try to arrive about 10 minutes prior to class start. If you are running late, please call and let us know. We generally lock the outside door 5 minutes after class begins unless we know you are on your way :).
• Please remove your shoes before entering any of the studio rooms.
• Please refrain from bringing cell phones inside the studio.
• We know how busy schedules are these days. If for any reason you need to leave class early, please set up your mat in the back of the room to not disrupt the other students when you leave, and also kindly let the teacher know before class starts (we also strongly recommend leaving before savasana, the final resting pose, and also taking a savasana on your own before you leave class)
• Most importantly, relax and ENJOY!